Thursday, December 27, 2012

Back Again...

My last post was on 26th of July. Today is 27th of December. I am back after a looooong hiatus. No, I had not forgotten my blog. I was busy doing something else. Doing many things. My brother's marriage, trips between Chennai and Pune. And through it all, writing a novella. A romance novella.

No. I am not going to tell you what the novella is about. Not just yet. I have finally wrapped it up and sent it for editing. Now I sit with my fingers crossed, heart thumping in anticipation. Am I going to be getting brickbats, or praises, or a mixture of both?

Writing a novel is quite a long drawn process. For days I've sat wondering, what my characters should do, where they should go, what they should think - how they should think. Now that the story is complete, it feels like I have come out of their world at last. I look around me. Oh yes, these things I am looking at did exist, but it has been long since I looked at them. I feel like the little girl in the Narnia series, who goes into her fantasy world and returns back to the real world after an unforgettable adventure. An adventure it has been for me, writing my first novella.

Now all I have to do is wait. Wait for my editors to get back to me. Wait for another inspiration to strike. Wait to grab another writing assignment. And in the meantime, I will dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment